It is to be noted that following persistent representation of MEXA, the Trade Promotion and Marketing Scheme (formerly known as the Speed to Market Scheme) has been extended to the United States of America (USA) market, effective as from 1st January 2020. It entails 40% rebate on air freight costs incurred on exports from Mauritius to USA.
The objective of this scheme is to support manufacturing enterprises in their quest to penetrate US market faster by making use of air shipment, responding faster to clients’ demands and hence increase their export competitiveness.
Kindly note that the Scheme will operate along the same line as the TPMS for Europe and the following eligibility criteria will be applicable:
- Products should be manufactured in Mauritius and exported under AGOA, or GSP Certificate (or in particular cases; any other relevant certificates proving that the goods are sourced from Mauritius).
- It covers all products of exports, except; machinery, live animals and chemicals
- The Scheme will be applicable for exports to USA for the period January 2020 to June 2020 (6 months). Kindly note that the refund will be applicable for all exports effected as from 1st January 2020.
- A cap of MUR 5M will be imposed on the amount of refund that a company can benefit for export to USA for the period January 2020 to June 2020.
- The 40% rebate will apply on Air Freight costs (All-in prices) including (1) basic Air Freight Costs, (2) Fuel Surcharge, and (3) Security Surcharge for exports to USA.
- The scheme will be managed and operated by the Economic Development Board (EDB).