We have obtained several queries from our members as to whether their international clients/Directors/Shareholders/visitors can come to Mauritius as from 1st October 2021.
In view of the forthcoming full re-opening of our borders as from the 1st October 2021, we have contacted the authorities concerned and we would like to share with you some important practical information.
Fully Vaccinated Guests:
- Full opening of the island.
- You must present a negative PCR Test taken within 72 hours from the point of embarkation to be allowed entry to the country.
- Book a Quarantine stay in an official quarantine hotel.
- You will be required to stay in your hotel room for 14 nights and meals will be delivered to your room.
- Depending on the length of your stay, you will have a PCR test on day 7 and day 14.
- After a negative PCR test result, you will be free to move around the island and move to a new accomodation.
South Africa and Brazil:
However, we wish to bring to your attention that up to the 31st August 2021, any person having been physically present in South Africa or Brazil within the last 15 days preceding the date of arrival in Mauritius were not allowed to enter or transit in Mauritius, save for exceptional cases as may be approved on a case-to-case basis. Such cases, arriving passengers shall undergo 14 days quarantine in a state designated Quarantine Facility and shall strictly comply to any special sanitary conditions imposed by the Ministry of Health & Wellness. And this also applies to vaccinated passengers.
It is to be noted that the above decision may be reviewed by the concerned authorities.